Thursday, February 21, 2013

Review: Shea Moisture Purification Masque

Hey all! So I’m here to finally do a review on this AMAZING product. Now I know this has been around for quite some time but I never thought to pick this up because I was so set on using the deep treatment masque. However, I finally decided to purchase this product from Tarjay when it was on BOGO and boy was I happy that I did.

Sooo what’s included in the purification masque?
Deionized Water , Cocos Nucifera Oil (Coconut) , Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) , Mangfera Indica Seed Butter (Mango) , Persea Gratissima Oil (Avocado) , African Black Soap Extract , Sea Salt , Cetyl Esters , Kaolin Clay , Grapeseed Oil , Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil (Jojoba) , Behentrimonium Chloride (Conditioner) , Salicylic Acid , Salix Alba Bark Extract (Willow) , Melia Azadirachta Seed Oil (Neem) , Melaleuca Alternifolia Leaf Oil (Tea Tree) , Sorbitol Esters , Aloe Vera Leaf Juice , Tocopherol (Vitamin E) , Rosemary Extract , Salvia Officinalis Extract (Sage) , Plantain Extract , Lonicera Caprifolium Flower and Lonicera Japonica Flower Extract (Honeysuckle and Japanese Honeysuckle)
This products does not contain: sulfates, parabens, phthalates, paraffin, gluten, propylene glycol, mineral oil, synthetic fragrance, PABA, synthetic color, DEA, animal ingredients or sulfates Cruelty free, no animal testing
What is the purification masque supposed to do?
Detoxify, condition and soothe hair and scalp with gentle Kaolin clay, herbal extracts, botanical enzymes and essential vitamins. Our intense treatment relieves dry, itchy scalp, removes product buildup and preserves hair by sealing in natural moisture. Treats dandruff, eczema & psoriasis.
Plantain Enzyme: Helps to alleviate itchiness and irritation
Tea Tree: Removes buildup for enhanced shine and volume
Willow Bark Extract: Exfoliates and detoxifies hair and scalp.
(courtesy of Veronica of Pretty Girl Rock)

My Experience: I’ve currently used this product twice and each time I constantly asked myself why I’ve never purchased this product. I suffer from dry, itchy and flaky scalp at times and man did this stuff soothe my scalp. Not only did it aid in removing product buildup but it left my hair feeling buttery soft. The first time I used it as a prepoo and detangling was a BREEZE. I was able to detangle my naps in a flash, the slip is awesome. The second time I used it as a deep conditioner and again it surprised me. My curls were poppin hunny. The only thing that I didn’t like about it was the smell, it wasn’t too overbearing but it does have quite a weird smell.
Overall, I will be repurchasing this product and for the price of 9.99 at Tarjay, my wallet won’t be too upset. Also, its a great product for us low po divas because it aids in removing buildup which we all suffer from.

Have any of you ladies used this product? How did you like it?

No comments:

Post a Comment